Sunday, April 18, 2010

Our First Towing Trip!

We headed south to my hometown this weekend, primarily to test the towing of our Saturn before heading to Florida in a couple of weeks. Here R is hooking up the towing system for the first time.


After a series of very minor mishaps (balky refrigerator, crashed light bulb, & awning unfurling while driving down the interstate...fortunately, all incidents were benign), we arrived at our lovely campground where we were greeted by our most congenial hosts...my Bro and SIL!


The girls, Dora and Bella are enjoying the view of our lush campsite and wishing they could go outside and play with the resident campdog!


Here's a tip for ya...whenever possible it is highly recommended that you unfurl the awning while parked...  Do you see Dora and Bella peeking out the door?


Oh yeah...the towing part was flawless.

2 comments:

  1. Heard from your capmpground hosts that you were in town. Sounds a lot more fun than the chaos that we had here. You will have to check the blog in a couple of days. I plan to post the details there when I get a little bit more recovered. =) A sneak peak.... Patio doors, leaky damage, and major repairs while entertaining 3 boys who love there dad.

    ReplyDelete
  2. As much as I love my own dear husband, I have to admit the unfurling awning on the interstate sounds more like his style than yours, but it did give me a chuckle!! Glad everything went well...now it's off to the Keyes!!

    Sandee

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment, I love reading them!