Monday, June 24, 2013

Day 22 - Home & The Park

Yes, I do realize that I slipped behind for a couple of days. Day 22 was June 22nd but I wanted to spend all the time I could with the kids their last couple of days here...along with doing like 8,000 loads of laundry...giggle! Even though I had packed away the swim bag and we were all so careful not to talk about swimming on Saturday, still it rained.

We all just lounged around all morning. Dora was around, following everyone in turn, but Bella spent a lot of time under our bed, coming out occasionally to snuggle up to Jackson...only Jackson.


Dylan and Shelby were the last to go to bed the night before, playing an online game 'til around midnight I'm told. On this game they built and hosted a singing competition that got them a high rating, I can't explain because I don't understand, but they were pretty proud of it. They played it together the next morning too.


Finally we all got ready and went to Chili's for an early birthday celebration meal for Dylan, since that is one of his favorite restaurants.


Since it was cloudy and cool, but not raining, at Shelby's urging we stopped at their favorite local park. We all love this park for its great array of equipment.





We call this one the treadwheel and they have a blast on it...it is their favorite piece of playground equipment anywhere.




And there's more, much more...


When we got back home, I finished printing and assembling the Trip Journals that I had secretly kept as we traveled. They were all really excited to get them, such sweet kids!


And I must share this photo too. Dylan was using one of those utensils to cut his apple into slices. He was having trouble because the apple was so crooked. We slice a bit off the bottom to level it and look what we got...Mickey Mouse!


What fun we have, even when doing so much of nothing special!

Lovin' Life ~~ With Our Grands

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment, I love reading them!