Tuesday, January 22, 2013

A Day at the Zoo!

YES! We went to the Phoenix Zoo yesterday. My husband is amazing, which I think I may have mentioned a time or two, and pushed me through the entire zoo in the wheelchair. The kids tried to help but on uneven terrain it takes a great deal of strength. The weather was absolutely perfect and we all had so much fun being out together like we have always done until I was injured.


Our first stop was to see the giraffes, Shelby's favorite animal since she was a tiny tyke.


The tigers are my favorite...just look at that gorgeous face!








While I waited outside and above, they entered the Squirrel Monkey habitat where the monkeys roam freely around you.


Dylan is getting a closeup photo of a Squirrel Monkey in its habitat.


One of the last animals we saw at the end of the day was this magnificent jaguar.


I have never taken for granted the activities we share with the kids and those we enjoy when it's just the two of us; but now, I have an even deeper appreciation of all the things we have the good fortune to experience on a regular basis.

Lovin' Life ~~ And the Phoenix Zoo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment, I love reading them!