Thursday, May 23, 2013

Baking Bread

Oh my...you should be here to enjoy the delicious aroma's wafting throughout my house! It is an overcast, chilly day so I decided to bake. On the left is a loaf of Beer Bread and on the right a loaf of Banana Nut Bread.


For days I've been researching and developing a detailed plan of attack for covering as much ground as possible on our three week trip to the east coast with our grands in June. To prepare, I have also finally been walking a mile or two each day...but only for this past week. I hope it's enough! 

After walking in the cold early this afternoon, I decided it was a day for cooking and baking. I have a pot of red beans and rice with smoked sausage simmering on the stove and wanted something baked to go with it. Our pantry has lots of empty space in it because I'm trying to use up what's been in there for a while. I knew I had several out-of-date cake mixes in my pantry...not at all appealing. 

Then I found them...a mix for Beer Bread (and thank goodness we had a bottle of beer in the also-nearly-empty frig!) and a mix for Banana Bread (and thank goodness I had a couple of ripe bananas on the counter and a partial bag of pecans in the pantry!). Don't you just love it when a plan comes together?


Oh wait...were you misled? Did you think I actually baked breads from scratch? I love it when you new folks visit my blog...giggle! Gotta go...it's time to eat!!!

Lovin' Life ~~ And Freshly Baked Breads

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment, I love reading them!