Saturday, June 1, 2013

Day 1 - To Ohio

Our adventure actually began yesterday when the kids arrived at Midway!


But today we left at 9:00 a.m. for a three week trip to the northeast. Today is the first day of this most exciting adventure! We had loaded just about everything yesterday so this morning we were ready to go. We traveled through Indiana on I80/I90 stopping for lunch in the RV at the Gene Stratton Porter Travel Plaza in Indiana. Gene Stratton Porter wrote two of my favorite childhood books! Ohio is the first new state for the kids this trip; we continued across Ohio on I80/I90. The kids were great on this long boring driving day and luckily the evening was NOT boring.





We spent the night at the Sandusky KOA, arriving at 5:00. Our spot was #82 Crane St. How cool is that?


We kept busy all evening on the giant Jumping Pillow, playing basketball, enjoying the playground, taking the KOA train ride, attending an ice cream social, and back to the Jumping Pillow…what an evening!




 





I cannot imagine a better start to the trip we have planned!

Lovin' Life ~~ Travelin' With Our Grands

1 comment:

  1. I hope you have the best trip yet!! Be safe! kap

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment, I love reading them!