Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Grand Forks to Garrison

Yesterday's drive was about 260 miles westward across North Dakota. As usual, there were some surprising sights. Because our connection is slow, I'll just post a few of those.

We did not expect to see so much water. There are huge lakes, innumerable smaller ponds, and marshes everywhere you look.


Workin' on the railroad with lots of interesting machinery.


A herd of elk along a fence that we suspected might enclose a preserve. This was a special treat because they just stood there while I took like eight thousand photos. Oh no, I just researched and learned that they are on a high-fence hunting camp..."wish I didn't know now what I didn't know then".


Some of them had absolutely enormous antlers; they were all so beautiful. I will just continue to enjoy what is my reality....my photos.




In Rugby, ND this monument marks the site of the Geographical Center of North America...not to be missed!


While we got propane, Rich cleaned the window so I can shoot. He does so much. I am so grateful!


Rich read that chunks from the retreating glaciers carved, then melted and filled most of these ponds and marshes.

On a hot day, the cattle sure are grateful for a pond where they can cool off.


Even though the vast majority of acreage contains various stages of wheat production, there are fields of corn, beans, sugar-beets, and ...



...we're still occasionally treated to the sight of sunflowers as far as the eye can see.


At the end of the day, there were Blue Moons and a Peach Daiquiri awaiting us!


Lovin' Life ~~ Enjoying What Is

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment, I love reading them!