Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Happy Halloween ~ On The Road Again!!!

On this, our last morning at home for nearly six months, we were up early (aw c'mon, you know that 7:00 a.m. is VERY early for us!) to finish the long task list before leaving. We spent most of the day yesterday loading clothes, shoes, coats, The Girls' supplies, food in the freezer/refrigerator/pantry, skis, boots, toiletries, tools, books, magazines, games, beach bag, projects, various electronics, movies, snacks...you get the idea. I ran errands and visited with our next-door BFFs, who do so much for us while we're gone. In addition, Rich always has quite a list of tasks specific to the motorhome. There are so many things to consider when leaving your home for so long. Anyway, while having my coffee and disconnecting my computer, I glanced out the window and across the golf course to see this lovely morning sky.


Before we could leave though, there were still bags of last minute things to load, dishes to do, disconnect the battery in the van, bathrooms to clean one last time, drapes to be drawn against winter's cold, water valves to be shut off, thermostat to set, water heater shut off, server/printers/Wi-Fi to be shut down, dehumidifier hooked up to a drain, bathroom cabinet doors opened so pipes don't freeze, trash to take out for today's pickup...you get the idea. Is it worth all this detail, all this work? You betcha! We were on the road before 10:00 a.m. which was our goal.

While we were driving this morning, I copied my favorite Halloween pumpkin from an e-mail my sister sent and posted it on FB, then sent it to our grands. Happy Halloween to all my favorite ghouls and goblins!


When I realized that we would be driving down I-65 through Indiana, I posted that to my blogger friend, Amy, who lives there. She replied and was available so she and her little one, Jack, stopped by WalMart where we parked to eat lunch and to pick up drinking water for the girls (we always forget something!). This was my very first face-to-face meeting with any of my blogger friends! Check out her blog, one of my long-time favorites, at http://prettybabies.blogspot.com/ and you will see that I do have some liberal friends...giggle! Thanks Amy for stopping by; it was so very cool to meet you and your adorable son, Jack!


For much of the rest of the day, we drove in a light rain. We crossed from Indiana into Ohio around 6:00 p.m. and are parked for the night near Dayton. This is the last night of the season at this campground; lots of them will close tomorrow. We are excited to see what tomorrow brings as we drive across the rest of Ohio and West Virginia into Virginia. Once we get there, it appears that campgrounds are open year-round...hoping!


Lovin' Life ~~ On the Road 

1 comment:

  1. Safe journey to you and happy travels!

    How lovely to meet a blog friend. I have always wanted to but never have yet. If you meander near the east of MD let me know!

    P.S. love th pumpkin

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment, I love reading them!