Monday, December 31, 2012

Celebrating the Holidays!

While I reclined in my hospital bed with my leg elevated or sat in the wheelchair, the holiday bustle continued around me!

Christmas Eve ~ 2012

Rich and the kids took me to the park. Unless you've been confined, it's not likely that you can truly appreciate how awesome such a small outing as a spin around the park down the street can be...I know it didn't until now.

 



Everyone pitched in to prepare Christmas Eve dinner, well, almost everyone. You can see where Dylan waited and observed.








 And then there were gifts for opening and new Christmas PJs for wearing!








Christmas Day ~ 2012

Waiting in the hall until the coffee is made, the Monkey Bread is in the oven, and the cameras are readied before they can see if Santa came seems to take an eternity...


But then...








 

After Christmas we enjoyed fun activities and just hanging out as a family. I couldn't do any WII dancing but it was fun to watch!



I could cheer on the HexBug racers!



December 27th was my two week checkup with the surgeon, Dr. Thomas Schenk. The cast was cut off, x-rays taken, stitches removed, and a new cast applied. All three breaks were mending well.





And that's a wrap for 2012! And what a year it was!

Lovin' Life ~~ Makin' Holiday Memories!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment, I love reading them!