Monday, January 18, 2010

MLK, Jr Holiday

Man is man because he is free to operate within the framework of his destiny. He is free to deliberate, to make decisions, and to choose between alternatives. ~ Martin Luther King, Jr., The Measures of Man

Tomorrow I will deliver my Notice of Retirement letter at work. We arrived at this decision after much deliberation and while choosing between the alternatives. The timing is so appropriate since today we are celebrating the life of a great leader whose quote above resonates with me at this time. I'll be free from my current employment on April 30th...free to pursue the next phase of my destiny...yippee! Does that make today my last paid holiday ever or does it mean that from now on all holidays are paid? Is that a chicken or egg kind of question?

Yesterday morning we awoke to a most beautiful sight...hoarfrost coated all of the trees, shrubs, deck railings, and most other exterior surfaces. We drove around to take some photos so I could share this amazing feat of nature with all of you.



I really love this shot...it almost appears to be a bokeh shot which is something I strive for but is difficult to achieve unless you have a DSLR camera, which I don't.

Those of you who are following this blog, even anonymously, have my deepest gratitude. It is such a fun thing for me to do and such a great outlet for our Meandering...

Later yesterday R's sister went Meandering... from store to store with us while: we tried out Zero Gravity chairs at an outdoor living store to see if we want a pair of them for the RV...no decision; researched the options and pricing on tables at a furniture store...no decision; and, went to Penneys on the outside chance that they would have a table and BINGO...exactly what we were looking for at a fraction of the furniture store price and they would sell the table without the chairs...decision quickly made. It should be delivered to the store on Wednesday. While there we also checked out area rugs and lamps but did not find anything. To reward Mar for her patience during this shopping trip we stopped for dinner at Lone Star (just for her of course...you know that we never indulge in a big restaurant meal...haha).

We had already picked up a couple of small round tables for the rearranged front room at Costco. Even though we only needed one, they came two in a box...you know...Costco. R assembled them yesterday and one is perfect between those two big chairs; the other is now serving as a nightstand in the guest room. We'll continue Meandering... in our search for an area rug and new lamps next. This is so much fun; R and I love decorating together and I really enjoyed reading the comments from those of you who sent them. Thanks!


1 comment:

  1. Love the hoarfrost pictures! That is always such an awesome sight. Definately no sights like that here since temps have been in the 50's during the day! Oh, Sorry! Didn't mean to make you jealous. =)
    Your loving niece,
    AG

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment, I love reading them!