Saturday, June 18, 2011

Even More Deliciousness

What a week! Since Monday afternoon I have been in touch with six of the folks who worked with me at the college, my neighbor gifted me with her special meatballs, I played cards with friends two nights, Dora had surgery, I had dinner with a former co-worker, had a bizarre "it's a small world" encounter with someone from our family's past, discovered a local El Pollo Loco restaurant, completed some of my party planning tasks, made RV park reservations for the trip we're taking the grands on while they are here, exchanged a million texts and calls with my grands, and just closed the week with a delightful catching-up-on-all-that's-new several-hours-long lunch with a great friend from the college.

We finally relinquished our table when the dinner crowd started piling in...seriously.


She even brought me an early birthday gift since we only see each other a couple of times a year (gotta work on improving that!).


Her gift wrapping is always exquisite, even when the gifts are in a darling bag like this butterfly one, but I forgot to take a picture before opening the photo album. I suppose y'all are drooling over the delectable oatmeal chocolate chip cookies. She is a great baker; her baked goods are what I have missed more than anything else in that office! And just look, I couldn't keep Rich out of them long enough to finish taking pictures!


Lovin' Life ~~ Good Friends; Delicious Gifts
Bev

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment, I love reading them!