Friday, June 17, 2011

Reconnecting

If there's a theme to this week, it is 'reconnecting' ~ with friends in our neighborhood and former coworkers. I played cards a couple of evenings with friends who also travel extensively in their motorhome that we haven't seen for months and other neighbors with whom we only spend time occasionally. Have I mentioned lately that I love our neighborhood?

Earlier this week, I got a call from a former coworker, Dolores. We had not talked for nearly two years and she left the college a couple of years before that even. That led to conversations with my former boss and another coworker the next day. Those casual office conversations with folks who get to know each other well is something to be missed in retirement.

Last evening, I had dinner at Dolores' where we really got a start at catching up on all that's new in our lives. She has moved in the past year to a beautiful apartment on the fourth floor of a building in a lovely wooded area where she overlooks the tree tops from her balcony. We enjoyed every bite of the delicious dinner she had prepared...


...and lots of great conversation on her balcony as the evening waned.


Lovin' Life ~~ And Reconnecting With Friends
Bev

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment, I love reading them!