Monday, June 13, 2011

Wall Drug ~ 1995

My sister and I send e-mails to each other; we rarely talk by phone these days. Is that okay? Sometimes the technological world seems to be spinning rather fast for me.

Anyway, in our exchanges about the upcoming special birthday weekend for my grandson, she mentioned that she and her son are planning a trip to South Dakota later this summer. I suggested that they not miss stopping at Wall Drug in Wall, SD. It can be hard to miss...teehee...not! There are Wall Drug billboards along the interstate about every ten feet or so for hundreds of miles, or so it seems.

We stopped there on our way home from our trip to the Grand Teton and Yellowstone National Parks in August 1995. Remembering our trip there, I decided to take a few minutes hours and scan (lovin' this technology!) a couple of photos. Of course, once I start there are so many I want to scan.

Here we are with our friends, Bill & Deanne, at Jenny Lake in the Tetons. I LOVE the Tetons!

In my reply, I mentioned to my sister that one of my favorite photos is the one of me on a Jackalope at Wall Drug. Yeah, I'm silly enough to post it so bring on those comments!

What I neglected to mention though is that she needs to shelter her sweet son from the wanton women who hang out there.

Lovin' Life ~~ And Sharing Old Photos
Bev

1 comment:

  1. I saw Wall Drug when I was just a kid. I must have been 11 or 12. I don't have any photos to share but I do remember those billboards!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment, I love reading them!