Monday, February 27, 2012

Lost Dutchman Days Rodeo & The Olive Mill

The time is getting away from me again! We had one busy day on Saturday. First we attended the Lost Dutchman Days Rodeo. They really pack the grandstand so we were lucky to find seats and I was grateful for that 35x zoom on my SX40HS.

Whether bareback bronc riding or saddle bronc riding, it is tough keeping that hat on. Also, we couldn't help but wonder if these guys travel with a personal chiropractor...their bodies get so contorted during their ride. Hang on...first, here comes my favorite event.

Bareback Bronc Riding













Men's Calf Roping







Ladies' Breakaway Calf Roping





Saddle Bronc Riding







Men's Steer Wrestling







We didn't stay for the rest of the events because I wanted the kids to meet Bill and Deanne while they're here. The Olive Mill was a good middle point so we met there for an early dinner just before it closed at 5:00. Dylan quickly confiscated my camera and served as photographer for our little get together. Here's a sample...












What? You're wondering about a photo of Dylan? While he had the camera he took several self-portraits and I seem to recall that this was his favorite...giggle!



Yesterday we all took the day off. Bill and Deanne visited family; Shelby had a fever; the boys were feeling slightly yucky too; so Rich and I went out to their house for a while in the afternoon.

Lovin' Life ~~ Rodeo, Friends, & Family

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment, I love reading them!