Monday, April 30, 2012

A Scrumptious Dessert

Doesn't this look scrumptious? It was! And so was the dessert, but I'll tell you about it in a bit. Yesterday we went to a fabulous little Italian restaurant in Lockport for dinner with our next door BFFs. Rich ordered this Rigatoni with Sausage & Peppers, I had the Chicken Vesuvio, we all shared the best Bruschetta I've ever tasted, a taste of Rich's creamy Italian dressing made me wish I had ordered a salad, and the hot rolls arrived at the table drenched in olive oil and covered with fresh minced garlic. This is a REAL Italian restaurant!!!



Sandee had nothing but great things to say about the ravioli dish she selected and I didn't hear any complaints from Vic about his Portobello entree...everything we ordered was scrumptious!



We were all having much more fun than this next photo would indicate. Perhaps, just as I clicked the shutter, they both had a momentary premonition about the a** kickin' Sandee and I would give them later when we played Hand 'n Foot after having dessert at our house...giggle!



Finally...drum roll please...here is the dessert I made for them. Most of you are familiar with an old standby recipe called Strawberry Pretzel Salad. Using that recipe but substituting Splenda for all of the sugar; using Sugar-Free Cool Whip for the cream cheese layer; and using Sugar-Free Raspberry Jell-O loaded with unsweetened raspberries for the top layer, this version is entirely sugar free! And it was scrumptious!


If you thought that finally I would post without complaining about the weather, you would be mistaken. It is even darker gray today with a bit of drizzle thrown in to the mix; I have lights on throughout the house...grrr

Lovin' Life ~~ And the Word 'Scrumptious'!  
Bev

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment, I love reading them!