Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Twelve Days of Christmas

It has rained ever since the evening we got here, finally stopping during the wee morning hours today. Yesterday, we picked up Dylan & Shelby from school because as Dylan said, "It is raining cats and dogs out here!" As they ran to our car, I was surprised to see them wearing the Santa hats I had bought the night before when Shelby and I were shopping.


Yesterday was the first of the Twelve Days of Christmas so they got to open a gift as soon as Jackson got home from school.

Sandee hung hers this year too. Sweet, artistic Shelby made one for her dad out of paper. She did a great job and even fashioned expanding pockets out of the paper. So Rich and I had wrapped a few grown-up gifts for theirs and the kids had made the rest of their twelve gifts. All five of them hang in the hall leading to the kids' bedrooms.

My mom started such a great tradition when she made the first of these so many years ago for Sandee, Greg, and Amber!

Lovin' Life ~~ And Family Traditions

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment, I love reading them!