Thursday, September 1, 2011

Plymouth, MA ~ America's Hometown

When you Google "America's Hometown" there are several towns that claim that moniker, not only Plymouth, but c'mon...the Pilgrims landed HERE!


On our first visit to Plymouth, several years ago, I walked down the stone steps seen in this photo to wade in the Atlantic for the first time. You won't find mention of that momentous occasion in any history books.



The Pilgrims arrived under far more difficult conditions than I, on a ship much like this one.



Massachusetts has created a lovely area commemorating the arrival and survival of the Pilgrims who established a community in what is now Plymouth.

From childhood history lessons, I imagined a huge, ship-sized boulder when thinking about Plymouth Rock but this is it...what's left of the rock chosen to memorialize the landing of the Pilgrims at Plymouth in 1620. Seeing it was such a shock when we were here the first time.



We don't spend a lot of time in souvenir shops these days but wanted to pick up a postcard. Lucky me...just look at what I scored in a shop across the street from Plymouth Rock...aren't these charms simply darling? I am always so thrilled when I can find all three of our grands' names.



As you know if you saw last night's post, there's more to come about yesterday's adventures but for now, I'm off to The Cape!

Lovin' Life ~~ So Much To See  
Bev

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment, I love reading them!