Tuesday, September 25, 2012

A Fall Family Dinner

I love the way the evening light and shadows play across the fairway behind our home in the fall. This was taken late afternoon on Saturday, when the sky was filled with clouds.


Much of Saturday was spent grocery shopping and preparing for Sunday's dinner. This was the first time we had seen Greg, Jenny, and Marianne since we left here in July. Rich and I planned a meal that said farewell to summer with grilled Italian sausages and BBQ chicken and welcomed fall with roasted vegetables and hearty baked beans.



The Chicago Bears were playing so Greg and Jenny were showing support for their favorite NFL team!








I made this lovely dessert that looked so scrumptious but, well...I don't really recommend it so I'm not showing the package. I do want to say that the thin cake was baked in a 9 x 13 pan; after it cooled it was cut into three 9 x 4 pieces (yes, I know...Rich and I ate the additional one inch piece that was trimmed off!) which were stacked with cream cheese frosting between the layers. That part was really cool because it makes a perfect, small layer cake. It was topped with pecan pieces and drizzled with caramel...very purty!


We had put out fall decorations that morning; y'all know how I love my fall decorations!


We had such a great time catching up with them and relaxing in our HUGE home (compared to the motorhome!) and eating great food (yes, we do say so ourselves!).

Lovin' Life ~~ And Being Home

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment, I love reading them!