Tuesday, September 11, 2012

The Family Phase

Our busy day at Garden of the Gods and riding the cog railway up to Pikes Peak last Wednesday was about the last of the sightseeing portion of this trip. The remainder will be primarily focused on family and the drive home.

On Thursday we drove to Pueblo where my grandma's sister lived when we came out here on that family vacation in 1963. Then Friday we moved up to Larkspur to be closer to our three Colorado nieces and their families. They were having a garage sale at Barbara's on Saturday and a BBQ at Carol & Jeremy's on Sunday so we got to spend the whole weekend with them. I was having such a great time that I didn't even take very many pictures...I KNOW, huh?

We had seen Carol & Jeremy when they came to Chicago, maybe five years ago. But Barbara and Kathy and their families we last saw when Sandee and Shawn still lived in California...that's just too long. We had never met Addison; Macy was three or four and Kayley was a baby.

These few photos were taken on both days...that's how lax I was with the camera.







I have to tell you that Jeremy RULES on that smoker you see behind Rich. He cooked the most delicious ribs I have ever eaten! The guys sat outside with their cigars but were inside watching a lot of football too.


Lovin' Life ~~ With Our Colorado Family

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment, I love reading them!