Thursday, March 10, 2011

The Lost Days

For the last ten days I have either been sick or in the kitchen or both. I had a nasty virus that has left me with a residual cough and way behind in preparations for our trip. As soon as I could manage, the cooking began to stock the motorhome freezer. I started with one of our favorites, Peachy Pork Picante. Few entrees are any easier than this...or as delicious.

After trimming and cubing pork loin, toss it with dry packet Taco Seasoning (I prefer French's for this recipe), and brown it in oil. Add peach preserves and jarred salsa or picante sauce (picante is spicier) then simmer. Yep, it's that simple. This recipe came from my next-door BFF who serves it over rice. Recently, we tried it over Cavatappi pasta and liked it that way too.
































If you would like this recipe, please let me know and I'll send it. In addition to three or four meals of this dish, I prepared several servings of each: Taco Seasoned Beef, Cheesy Brat Stew, Chicken Broccoli Rice Casserole, Scalloped Pineapple, Cottage Cheese/Egg Pancakes, and Chicken Enchiladas. I also baked several pounds of bacon. All of this is tucked securely in the freezer in the kitchen behind me...giggle...I love the motorhome.

Lovin' Life ~~ And All Its Conveniences
Bev

1 comment:

  1. I was out sick, too. I still have the cough and the headache.

    I would love that recipe!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment, I love reading them!