Sunday, March 27, 2011

Tucson Botanical Gardens

Last Wednesday I was under the weather all day but the kids got packed and Rich got the motorhome ready. We drove it to Dylan's pre-season baseball game so that we could leave from there. After saying good night/good bye to their folks and getting their beds made, we headed for Tucson. It was 9:30 when we got to the RV Park and the grands were sound asleep in their beds. We started the day on Thursday with the kids' first ever breakfast at a Waffle House. I was so surprised that they had never been to one since they are such a staple in the south where their dad grew up. They loved it so much that we ate there again on Friday morning...but I'm getting ahead of myself!


After breakfast we went to the Tucson Botanical Gardens. We have a long running gag with the grands about botanical gardens ever since we took them to their first one. That doesn't stop us from taking them to more whenever we have the opportunity...even when they groan through their smiles!

Since I love flowers but can't grow them, I must content myself with photographing them. Here are a few of my favorites from there.



























































The Tucson Botanical Garden has a butterfly house, which was the main attraction for all of us.












































































That last one, the black & white, is called a Paperwhite and was Dylan's favorite. He was especially fascinated with the fact that they have four wings, so fly erratically. After seeing so many beautiful specimens of flowers and butterflies I still had no trouble selecting the three most outstanding examples of nature's perfection in the garden that day...





























And...this was all before noon! Perhaps tomorrow I'll find some time to share with you all the exciting things we did Thursday afternoon! Luckily I was feeling great by then.

Lovin' Life ~~ And the Beauty of Nature
Bev

1 comment:

  1. When we lived in Hawaii I spent a lot of time in botanical gardens. Even so, I've never seen a butterfly as lovely as those last three.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment, I love reading them!