Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Children's Museum of Phoenix

Last Thursday we took the kids to the Children's Museum. The first or second year it was open was the only other time we have been there; it has grown up quite nicely! The entrance has always made me smile as we approach it. There are many public places that would be doing us a favor if they just painted big, colorful "Here is the DOOR" for all to see.



I may have been the most excited of all because I couldn't wait to see The Climber that I had read about on their website...it did not disappoint...to say the least. Adding to its perfection for me was a conversation I had with a group of folks, including the museum designer, during which I mentioned City Museum in St. Louis and he replied that that was the inspiration for The Climber...loved that! Here it is...reaching to the top of this massive three story former school.



The museum has lots of stuff for kids to do and ours took advantage of most of it. That made it challenging to decide what to put in this post. I've decided that I will only include photos of The Climber...since I'm in love with it.




















Ah, yes...in the afternoon, when the crowds had thinned out, Rich and I explored The Climber too. Now do you understand how massive this structure is?













Love this photo of Jackson and his Grandpa...name that movie!

I have so many perfect, cute, funny photos of the kids playing in other areas of this great museum too, but if I don't stop with these, I will never get caught up. And catch up I must because we plan to leave on Thursday and that means that my internet access will suffer even more. Before I close though, here is one last photo of the kids at the bottom of the wide staircase that leads to the second floor, taken just before the museum closed.



Lovin' Life ~~ And Children's Museums Everywhere

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment, I love reading them!