Monday, June 24, 2013

Day 23 - Homeward Bound

Yesterday was day 23 of this great adventure, the day they returned home. We started the morning at our favorite breakfast restaurant.















Gathering all their clothes and souvenirs, finishing their laundry, fitting it all into their luggage and watching episodes of America's Got Talent with them occupied me the rest of the morning. Grandpa played cards with them too, but here they are all fascinated with the Zen Board I got out for them to see.


All too soon, it was time to go to the airport.



Aren't they just so adorable?!? Oh how we miss them!


They are not always so cooperative in front of the camera though. I'm posting this next shot taken at the Smithsonian's American Indian Museum as an example of the many 'duck face' shots I have gotten the last three weeks.


They finally talked Rich and I into making 'duck faces' too so that they could take this shot...


Cute huh? But then they said, "Now you're cool G'ma" because I'm frequently told that words I use are no longer cool and that my singing is definitely not cool, especially when I stand in the middle of a parking lot singing "It's a beautiful morning!" like I did before breakfast this morning...giggle!

After their flight took to the air, we returned home to a way-too-quiet house. We were watching the last few Mad Men episodes when Bella came out from under our bed and jumped onto the couch to sit on Dora. Cuteness abounds in our world!


Later I tried taking photos of the Super Moon. It was about too high in the sky, the sky was still cloudy and overcast, I could not capture what I actually saw, and the roof next door is in my first few shots so they're not great but will remind me of that magnificent sight.



Lovin' Life ~~ Yet Missin' Our Grands

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment, I love reading them!