Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Charleston, SC

We arrived here this afternoon after driving in a light rain all the way. This is the Ashley River taken from the I-526 bridge on our way to Johns Island. I LOVE Charleston! Six times I had the good fortune to attend a conference here when I worked at the college. It is thrilling to be here now, knowing that we can explore all day; I won't only have a few hours at the end of a day filled with intensely informative conference sessions. We'll be visiting a few of my favorite places and restaurants as well as some that there was never enough time to see.


Driving down from North Carolina we passed through Columbia, the capital of South Carolina. Rich drove downtown and we circled around the state capital building. The blue granite of which it is constructed is the official state stone.


It wasn't a long driving day but we settled in to do some chores after checking in our campground rather than head out to explore in the late afternoon. Still, I had to post because, as you may remember this is NaBlogPoMo!

Lovin' Life ~~ Being in Charleston Again

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment, I love reading them!