Friday, December 10, 2010

Holiday Treats - Part III Ladies' Breakfast

Obviously, this is a different type of Holiday Treat than I've been posting! The ladies in our neighborhood gather one Friday morning a month at a nearby restaurant for breakfast and lots of great conversation. They've been doing this for years so I doubt that any of them would classify this morning's breakfast as a holiday treat. It was for me though. Yet another thing I love about retirement is the opportunity to join our neighbors in daytime social events that I missed out on the first twelve years we lived in this house.

While I had my camera out, one of the waitresses even took a photo with me in it...a rare shot for sure.
 
Here are photos of the rest of the group there this morning. A few of the regulars were missing but I think this is the majority of those who usually attend.



























The guys go to breakfast at a different restaurant on the same Friday morning so Rich also went today. We are so lucky to have our next-door-neighbor BFFs call when something like this is coming up to see if we want to go! We are also very lucky to live in such a friendly active neighborhood!

With the weather forecast for the weekend in mind, Rich & I spent the afternoon buying groceries and nearly finishing our Christmas shopping...LET IT SNOW, LET IT SLEET, LET THE FREEZING RAIN COMMENCE...have I ever mentioned how much I love being retired?!?!
Lovin' Life ~~ And Great Neighbors
  Bev 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment, I love reading them!