Thursday, December 23, 2010

Holiday Treats - Part VII Chocolate Covered Ritz

Last night I was making these and wishing that Shelby was here to help like she did when we were at their house for Christmas. So, I called them. Shelby didn't remember this but it turns out that's not surprising since it was three years ago when she was only four! I thought it was two years ago and there was a chance she would remember. I looked at the 2008 Christmas photos taken at their house but nothing. When I checked 2007 Christmas photos, there we were making these yummy treats together. I'm really shocked that it was that long ago.

She was such a great help. I would spread peanut butter onto a Ritz cracker and she would top it with another Ritz. Then I melted chocolate flavored almond bark (also great using vanilla flavored almond bark) and dipped each cracker and peanut butter sandwich to entirely coat it. They firm quickly on waxed paper. Here are some photos of our process three years ago. Isn't she just the cutest little helper?





















And speaking of cute, check out her brothers that Christmas...
Of course they're all still perfectly adorable today!

My timing was great this evening, they were all home so we got to talk for just over 2 1/2 hours! They are so much fun to chat with and Sandee had time to talk too! Then I finished making these treats (both chocolate and vanilla) all by myself...wish I'd had some help.
Lovin' Life ~~ And Christmas Memories
  Bev 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment, I love reading them!