Friday, December 17, 2010

Our Decorations - Part V 1975 Tree

This is part of a lovely scene that sits atop the china cabinet in our dining room. Santa and Mrs Claus are both members of my Possible Dreams collection and were among my earliest acquisitions...when we still lived in California. I absolutely love them! I also think that they complement this ceramic tree.

I had ordered this tree unfinished as a kit and painted it during January 1975. We lived in the country, Sandee was a little tyke and I was pregnant with Greg. After Sandee went to bed, I would sit at the kitchen table and paint. Those memories are as fresh as this morning's...I can hardly believe that was nearly 36 years ago.

Here are closer views of the tree.




















It has some nicks and dings, having traveled to several different homes from central Illinois to California to northern Illinois...far fewer nicks and dings than I have though!

Lovin' Life ~~ And Holiday Memories
  Bev 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment, I love reading them!