Saturday, December 25, 2010

Our Decorations - Part XIV Nativity

Merry Christmas!

On this most special of holidays, I want to share a most special nativity. It is my hope that this will remain in my family for generations. The simple childlike figures with their innocent faces belies the auspiciousness of the occasion...Jesus' birth.


Sometime in the early 1980s, my BFF in Jacksonville convinced me that we should make these ceramic figures. We purchased the greenware; she made hers and mine just sat in a box under my bed. When she volunteered to clean my greenware, I quickly accepted. When a wonderful woman in my department at Capitol Records offered to paint them for me, I quickly accepted. She was an artist; I was then and remain today in awe of the detail with which she painted these for me.

I have lost touch with everyone in that department, except my BFF, but I think about Rae every year throughout the holidays and consider this to be one of the best gifts ever.

When Sandee was in 7th grade, a friend of hers and his dad made these wooden stables. He gave us one to house my beautiful figures commemorating the birth of Jesus.

So...always...during this season of wonders, old friendships and special gifts are paramount in my memories of years past.
Lovin' Life ~~ And All of You
Merry Christmas!
  Bev 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment, I love reading them!