Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Maine to Massachusetts

Yesterday we moved south, to a point in Massachusetts that is about forty miles from Boston, 40 miles from Cape Cod, and 40 miles from Newport, RI...a perfect location for exploring this area. We're scheduled to leave here Friday morning but we'll see... In anticipation of that though, we have a full schedule for these three days. Not wanting to get behind on my travel blog, I'm posting a few highlights of yesterday's drive.


The Penobscot Narrows Bridge over the Penobscot River near Bucksport, Maine opened in 2006 and replaced the 1931 Waldo-Hancock Bridge seen to the right.



The Statehouse in Augusta, the capitol of Maine.



The Zahim Bunker Hill Bridge across the Charles River in Boston, Massachusetts. Both this and the Penobscot Narrows Bridge are a design type of bridge called cable-stayed.



The Tip O'Neill Tunnel under downtown Boston...of course we drove right through Boston...would you expect any less???


As y'all know, I LOVE bridges, I LOVE state capitols, and I LOVE seeing major cities so, yeah, yesterday was a great day with Rich driving over, through, and under several of my favorite things!!!

Lovin' Life ~~ And Favorite Things  
Bev

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment, I love reading them!